MVOTW- Closer, Kelvin Jones
This week’s music video of the week selection comes from rising star Kelvin Jones with Closer, a poppy song that perfectly reflects the summer weather.
The track features a short, snappy video that sees the 21-year-old musician take centre stage of the concept, as well as crafting the video himself. It’s fast-paced and inventive, switching between black & white and colour as it moves through an era-spanning narrative of two people growing closer.
Directed by collaborator Joe Connor, the video sees Kelvin and a female companion re-enacting scenes from old movies before moving on to 90s hip-hop vids and a modern day photo-shoot.
This is the singer-songwriter’s brand new single and is set to be a hit with its soft acoustic guitar against sweet, harmonic vocals. After supporting the likes James Morrison, Izzy Bizu and Hannah Trigwell in concert, Kelvin Jones will be playing live across Europe this summer including dates in London and the UK.
- 09 July – Germany, Bonn, Rockaue Festival
- 10 July – UK, Cornbury Festival
- 02 Sep – UK, Portmeirion, Festival Number 6
- 07 Oct – Netherlands, Amsterdam, Upstairs @ Paradiso
- 08 Oct – Belgium, Leuven, The Depot
- 10 Oct – Germany, Cologne, Luxor
- 11 Oct – Germany, Hamburg, Terrace Hill
- 12 Oct – Germany, Berlin, Musik & Frieden
- 13 Oct – Germany, Munich, Strom
- 14 Oct – Austria, Vienna, B72
- 15 Oct – Austria, Linz, Posthof
- 17 Oct – Switzerland, Zurich, Mascotte
- 18 Oct – Germany, Weinheim, Cafe Central
- 19 Oct – France, Paris, Le Pop Up du Label
- 20 Oct – UK, London, The Barfly
Graduate Multimedia Journalist, Online Editor at CIO UK and contributing writer at Culturefly and Contact Music.